Tyler Hoechlin, who plays the brooding, blue-eyed quasi-villain of MTV’s smash hit Teen Wolf turned 25 yesterday.
Here are ten things you might not know about this howlin’ hottie:
- He beat out 2000 other actors to get the role of Tom Hanks’s son in Road to Perdition.
- Tyler played baseball from the time he was 7 until he was in college. Bet he looks great in those uniforms.
- Tyler started acting at age 9 so that he and his brother could earn money to buy Sega Genesis games.
- In an interview with Seventeen Magazine, he said his favorite chick flick is The Notebook.
- Tyler was such a committed baseball player that he passed up the role of Edward Cullen so that he’d be available for a championship game.
- Every time it’s time for him to wolf out, he spends two and a half hours in the make-up chair. While they were in the learning stages, it was closer to five hours.
- Tyler has gotten quite a following in the slash and fanfic community. The favorite pairing? Derek and Stiles, referred to by many as “Sterek.”
- In 2004, Tyler was nominated for the Teen Choice Award for Breakout Male Star for his role on Seventh Heaven.
- Before being cast in the MTV series, he had never seen the original Michael J. Fox Teen Wolf.
- Tyler and the rest of the cast of Teen Wolf go bowling once a week.
We caught up with Tyler shortly after he finished filming the second season of Teen Wolf. Hear what he had to say about work on the show:
Categories: On TV
Posted by Lara
9/12/2012 4:01 PM