AMC has opted for a new tack in their ongoing battle with DISH Network: they sent dozens of zombies into the streets of New York to draw attention to the fact that, if DISH and AMC don't settle soon, DISH subscribers won't be able to watch the show, which returns in October. But, don't worry. If the zombie stunt doesn't work, we have more ideas after the jump.
This isn't the first time AMC has sent out the zombie hordes. In 2010, they sent zombies into the street to celebrate The Walking Dead's premiere. The stunt attracted a lot of attention, which they hope to repeat with the latest zombie invasion.
Analysts expected AMC and DISH to come to an agreement before the companies' agreement with one another ran out. However, time ran out and DISH took AMC out of its rotation. Now, experts say that, definitely, they'll come to terms before October 25, when AMC's most viewed show returns to the airwaves. Definitely, this time. If they can't come to an agreement by then? We have five more things AMC should try so DISH subscribers can hold onto not only The Walking Dead but Mad Men, Breaking Bad and other AMC shows:
- Go on a coast to coast tour in the Breaking Bad meth RV.
- Have a mock trial, with Saul Goodman representing DISH.
- Bring in Don Draper impersonators to seduce every woman in the Manhattan area.
- Have an army of Heisenbergs distribute "blue ice" candy on street corners.
- Set an ultimatum: if DISH doesn't bring back AMC, the new season of The Walking Dead will feature nothing but Laurie storylines.
Photo: AMC TV
Categories: On TV
Posted by Lara
7/31/2012 3:21 PM